Alif Ailaan is a campaign that seeks to make education a central part of the national conversation in Pakistan and get all our children in school and learning well.
Alif Ailaan’s alliances with stakeholding partners play an increasingly important role in ensuring that the campaign engages its target audiences towards these ends.
The Head of Alliances is responsible for all aspects of Alif Ailaan’s strategic alliances. She/he will be supported by an Alliances Manager, will work closely in collaboration with fellow Campaign Managers covering Media, Digital Media, Political Advocacy, Data & Evidence and Civil Society, and will report to the Campaign Director.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Engaging selected partners from the education, civil society commercial and other stakeholder sectors and securing their sustained involvement in strategic alliances
- Leveraging Alif Ailaan’s campaigning and organisational capabilities to build and lead alliances and achieve successful collaboration built on common purpose towards better education outcomes
- Working effectively with the Campaign Director and Alif Ailaan colleagues to make campaign alliances a complementary and effective part of the campaign’s influence
- Maintaining contacts and actions database, monitoring and reporting outcomes of key activities
Experience and Skills
The Alliances Campaign Manager must demonstrate the following qualifications and skill sets:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 10 years of working experience
- A track record of establishing and maintaining relationships with senior interlocutors in the private sector, government and across civil society
- Strong understanding of Pakistan’s political and civil society landscape
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to spot and capitalise on key opportunities that may arise
- Co-operative working practices, sound professional and ethical practices
The ideal applicant will have exceptional interpersonal skills, a wide professional network, and demonstrate a keenness and passion for fundamental change in the status of education in Pakistan.
Applicants should submit a resume and covering letter detailing their suitability for the role to email@example.com by September 26, 2016. Please mention the position that is being applied for in the subject line.