Twenty five million Pakistani children between ages five and sixteen are currently out of school. Alif Ailaan is a campaign seeking to make education a central part of the national conversation in Pakistan and spur the necessary public policy to get children into school, and ensure that they receive a quality education. Engaging with the media is a core competence of Alif Ailaan’s work and plays a pivotal role in ensuring that the campaign’s messages are heard. It is vital to ensuring that education becomes and remains a key issue in the national conversation
We are seeking applications for the Campaign Field Coordinator position. The candidate shall be expected to oversee and supervise the recruitment, training and evaluation of the education activists, and ensure those actions are carried out in compliance with the rules and regulations set by Alif Ailaan. The position requires working with activists and partners from across the country, and to manage the grass-roots activism footprint of the campaign.
Following is a broad outline of the role and responsibilities:
- Oversee and supervise the recruitment, training and evaluation of the education activists, and ensure those actions are carried out in compliance with the rules and regulations set by Alif Ailaan
- Manage the provision of logistic support to the ground team for effective implementation of the activities in the districts by the education activists. This includes vetting proposals of activities, approvals, and scrutinising the financials of the activities
- Frequent field travel around the country for campaign build up and monitoring purposes.
- Develop concept notes for all quarterly sub-campaigns and design work plan for all the ground activities
Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualification and skill sets:
- Capacity to work within a diverse and energetic team committed to a bright future for Pakistan
- Ability to work with activists and campaigners from all around the country, which demands cultural and social empathy, and high emotional intelligence.
- Strong organization skills, and high levels of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills in Urdu and English, and a working knowledge of at least two of the following: Balochi, Balti, Brahvi, Hindko, Pashto, Punjabi, Seraiki, Shina, Sindhi or other regional languages of Pakistan.
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
The successful applicant will enjoy the demands of a holistic campaign, and the pressures of working in a demanding environment. Those that do not have a passion for education in Pakistan should eschew this opportunity.
Applicants should submit a short resume and covering letter detailing their suitability for the role to email@example.com by July 18, 2015.