Alif Ailaan is a campaign that seeks to make education a central part of the national conversation in Pakistan and get all our children in school and learning well.
Media communications play a pivotal role in ensuring that the campaign’s messages are delivered effectively to its target audiences.
The Media Campaign Manager is responsible for all aspects of Alif Ailaan’s media communications conducted via paid and earned media. The Media Campaign Manager will work closely in collaboration with fellow Campaign Managers covering Digital Media (comprising the campaign’s owned media), Political Advocacy, Data & Evidence, Civil Society and Alliances, and will report to the Campaign Director.
Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Effectively engage journalists and develop their understanding of education issues
- Achieve regular and in-depth coverage of education issues through press releases, media facilities and collaboration to achieve news stories, features, op-eds and TV programmes
- Lead on the creation and dissemination of media products (press releases, videos, documentaries, infographics etc.)
- Manage creative and media buying agencies to ensure production and placement of paid media campaigns (TV, radio, print and outdoor)
- Provide technical assistance on media communications for Alif Ailaan’s campaign partners and activists
- Manage media contact and record database, monitor and report outcomes of key media activities
Experience and Skills
The Media Campaign Manager must demonstrate the following qualifications and skill sets:
- A Masters or Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience
- Strong understanding of Pakistan’s media and political landscape
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills in both Urdu and English and preferably in one regional language
- Ability to spot and capitalise on key opportunities that may arise
- Co-operative working practices, sound professional and ethical practices
The ideal applicant will have exceptional interpersonal skills, a wide professional network, and demonstrate a keenness and passion for fundamental change in the status of education in Pakistan.
Applicants should submit a short resume and covering letter detailing their suitability for the role to email@example.com by September 26, 2016. Please mention the position that is being applied for in the subject line.